Friday, June 20, 2008

GIRLS CAMP

HEY!!!!!! I just got back from Girls Camp!!! It was so much fun. We were there for four days from Tuesday to Friday. I did lots of stuff. One of the things I did was swim. It was so cold! It was ice water! Another thing we did was sleep in tents. It was freezing cold at night. It was blazing hot in the day. I had lots of fun. One of the things that was bad is there were lots of ticks. It was scary; we caught one and put in a bottle of water to watch it drown. The crazy thing was it stayed under water for 45 min. Then finally the tick died. It was gross, but fun. In the end though I was glad to go home. I was ready to take a shower and wash out all the dirt from my clothes and hair.

P.S. Don't forget to say were you're from.

This is me on the first day of camp going up to my tent.
Posted by Picasa


This picture was taken when I was in the middle of a game. The game is called big booty.
Posted by Picasa


After big booty we had a bubble blowing contest casady (the girl in the red) and I tied but I wonPosted by Picasa


This is a part of the pace were we camped.
Posted by Picasa


Jordan Elle lake not the lake I swam in but it was a lake by our camp.
Posted by Picasa


Before I couldn't fly.
Posted by Picasa


After when I could fly.
Posted by Picasa



TINA T.

11 comments:

grannymike said...

I love your camp pictures and story. What a beautiful setting for camp!!! I enjoy you the beauty and fun you experienced, but (having had Lyme Disease about twenty years ago) NOT the tick. If you ever really want to kill on more quickly, put it in alcohol. Ticks and alcohol don't coexist very well.

Welcome home, and thanks for sharing the cool pictures.

J9 said...

The area is absolutely gorgeous! The whole tick thing sounds gross, but hey, life in the outdoors.
Camp is always so special, I'm glad you had a good time. I don't get the flying thing though. I assume you got airborne?
Thanks for the great pictures!

CynR said...

Oh, Wow, Tina - what a beautiful place to camp!! I absolutely loved/hated camp when I was a girl. I loved being there but hated being away from mom and dad. I'm so glad you had a good time. I'm from Wichita, Kansas and my Girl Scout camp ground was FLAT!!!

Cyn

Kittenb said...

Lovely pictures. It looks like a fun time. I am going to share them with my 2 youngest kids as they will be leaving in August for a week long camp. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.
Sheri in Reno

K2 Designs said...

Welcome home! Sounds like you all had a great time! I used to go to camp when I was younger too. Lots of fun. Sorry about the ticks..ick! Your photos are great! Pretty place. No wonder nights were ccccold..there's snow up in them thar mountains! LOL.
Have a great week,
Karen in Phoenix,AZ

LVMommy22 said...

wow, tina! it sounds like you had a blast! i have to agree with grannymike and j9 about the ticks, though: ick! now putting salt on snails - that's fun, lol! i'm so glad you posted pix, too. is that a giant, human slingshot?! how fun! what's landing like?
:)
p.s.
your grammer looks much better! (look up were and where)
:)))

Lisa said...

Great photos and the area really looks pretty. So glad you had a good time (minus the tick thing)! You will look back at times like this and think of them as some of the most special times in your life. I'm sure Mom is glad to have you back. Thanks for sharing your week. (FL)

docnjoj said...

I get the flying part--but I'm worried about what happened next! Usually when humans fly without airplanes, the landing is kinda painful!! LOL! Next time you go to camp, pick one in Lower Alabama--the swimming is A LOT warmer here!
greetings from the Alabama Gramma!

docnjoj said...

I get the flying part--but I'm worried about what happened next! Usually when humans fly without airplanes, the landing is kinda painful!! LOL! Next time you go to camp, pick one in Lower Alabama--the swimming is A LOT warmer here!
greetings from the Alabama Gramma!

Anonymous said...

Just NY here, checking back in with your site! I assumed that the "flying lesson" also had a part about soft landings! LOL Thanks for sharing your pictures of the beautiful area you camped in. Your writing is improving already! I always find it easier to write about fun stuff and things that I find interesting. Hope that works for you too! Will check back again soon!

katlen124 said...

looks like a fun camp.
remember the good times as you get ready next year