Monday, June 9, 2008

School and More

HEY! Thank You so much for all of your comments. I am so happy about starting this blog.

Today was my first day of summer school. It has an odiferous smell. ( my mother is making me expand my vocabulary beyond "it sucks") I dont like going but I get to see my friends one more last time. Oh yeah i didn't tell you. My mom is making me do home school next year!!!! Most of my friends live FAR away from me and so I don't get to see them. My mother dearest said I could hangout with them on the weekends. I guess I do get to see them but still, I'm in 7th grade going into 8th ( well in my Mother's saying of words "your actually in 8th now") and I need to see my friends every day. Haha I'm kind of crazy because I live to hangout with them.

Tina

38 comments:

Joy in Bama said...

Hi Tina,
Read about your blog on your mother's blog and thought I'd stop by. To help with your geography, I'm in Alabama, USA. In the northwest corner, about 70 miles NW of Birmingham. Good Luck with summer school!!

Joy

Sherry Out Loud said...

Hey Tina! Well, I'm not from Australia, but I am from Orlando, just a few minutes from Walt Disney World! I have a 13-year-old daughter too, and her interests are pretty much like yours. I know home schooling probably doesn't sound fun, I don't blame you. Be sure to make your mom keep her promise to let you hang out with your friends on the weekends!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina
I'm from Pennsylvania and live about 45 minutes northwest of the capital city of Harrisburg in a little village called Shermans Dale.

Enjoy your blog!

Sue said...

Tina,
I came over from your mom's blog. I live in Royal Oak, MI which is about 5 miles north of Detroit (home of the 2008 Stanley Cup Champions - GO RED WINGS!).
Anyway, I have an 18 year old son who didn't like the word NO either. If I told him NO he would debate the issue until he ended up getting grounded. Needless to say he missed out on a lot of fun activities because of it. It took him awhile but he finally learned to keep his thoughts to himself and respect the word NO from his parents.
Please learn faster than my son did so you don't miss out on too much fun activities. You're only a teenager once. I'm sure if you follow the rules and learned to respect your parents NO you'd get to have fun. Be wiser than my son.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tina,

Your mother shared that you started this blog as part of your homeschooling. I think it's great. I guess I'm biased, because I homeschool my four children, ages 5 through almost 15. You can do so much more than "regular" school. I do believe you will enjoy it! Just think, you won't have to do any "homework." LOL!

Blessings~
Amber McLean
thescrappywife@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Well, I see that my first comment didn't post for some reason, so I'll start over. LOL!

Your mother shared that you were going to start homeschooling. I think it's great, though I'm probably biased. I homeschool my four children, ages 5 through almost 15. I believe that you will really enjoy it, because you can do so much more than "regular" school. Plus, you won't have any "homework." LOL!

Blessings~
Amber McLean
thescrappywife@aol.com


Blessings~
Amber McLean

snowowl551 said...

Hi Tina! Welcome to the world of blogging! My name is Marcia and I am a friend of your mom's from Digitals. I live in Carmel, Indiana which is just NE of Indianapolis. Indy is the capital of Indiana and is almost smack dab in the center of the state.

Good luck with summer school and just remember that hanging out with your friends only on the weekends will make that time much more special.

Marcia

Ladye said...

Hi there Tina,

I am from the Houston Texas area and live about 20 miles for the Johnson Space Center (NASA) and I also have a 13 year old grand daughter that just finished the 7th grade and I do understand your complaint about not being able to see your friends. Back when I was young (50 or so years ago) I lived 30+ miles from the school I attended so come summer I NEVER got to see my schoolfriends at all. YOu will survive and will probably learn to really enjoy homeschooling.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,

Hope your first day of summer school went well. It's a great idea your mom had of starting you your own blog. For your geography lesson I live in Newnan, Georgia about 30 miles from Atlanta.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Love your blog colors, they are great! I'm from Iowa. Hope you like doing a blog, you can do so many things with them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,

Saw your Mom's blog to come and see your blog. Like the turquoise background and the hearts. When I was young I had to go to school to see my friends, too. However, I survived you will too. Thanks for sharing your Mom's freebie.

Denise from Coalport, Pennsylvania

Anonymous said...

I bet you end up liking homeschooling. You will be able to do so much more!

Anyway...Whitney in Logandale, NV (look on a map--see if you can find it!)

Anonymous said...

Great idea your mom had for you to blog! I love the colors you've chosen for your page. Great job! I didn't home school my children (five of them aged 16-29) and as a matter of fact work at our local high school. Kids your age are great! I've often thought about home schooling my 16 year old son. He'll be a Junior next year and I can't believe it. I'm from Othello, Washington -- in the desert in Eastern Washington. Find that one on the map if you can. Have fun with the blog.
-Debbi

Anonymous said...

Great idea your mom had for you to blog! I love the colors you've chosen for your page. Great job! I didn't home school my children (five of them aged 16-29) and as a matter of fact work at our local high school. Kids your age are great! I've often thought about home schooling my 16 year old son. He'll be a Junior next year and I can't believe it. I'm from Othello, Washington -- in the desert in Eastern Washington. Find that one on the map if you can. Have fun with the blog.
-Debbi

LeAnn said...

I love the look of your blog! I'm near Austin, TX, and I homeschool my kids. I have a daughter who'll be 10 in a couple of weeks and a 2-year-old son. My daughter has her moments when she wonders what "real" school is like (she's always been homeschooled), but she really does love it! I'm sure once you get used to it, you will, too! Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

HI, Tina!

I read about your blog on your mom's blog. I think it's wonderful that you're doing your own blog. I really like the pretty colors you've chosen for it. Thanks for the freebie. I live in Chico, CA, about 90 miles north of Sacramento. Good luck with summer school.

J9 said...

Hello Tina from Estacada Oregon. The second 'a' is pronounced with a long 'a' instead of sounding Spanish. Little tiny town 2o miles SE of Portland OR, and at that I live 5 miles out! LOL
I have a 13 year old granddaughter. She was homeschooled for 5th grade. We were just cleaning out her room a couple of days ago. Barbie can't live there anymore, neither can the Brats. lol. She has for her radio and ipod player, Davey Jones' locker chest with the lighted beating heart. She's surprised that I like some of her music. Actually, I'm surprised too sometimes. LOL
Have fun on your blog, I'm brand new to knowing much about them too.
Best wishes from Oregon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,

I want to leave some love on your blog and I see I am the first person from good old GERMANY!!!! So... go to the map and take your first pin in my country *gg* The city named "Duisburg" and the state "North Rhine-Westphalia". Hope you find it!!!!!
And good luck for your summer school. In germany is no summer school or home school. All kids must go to regular school :)

Anonymous said...

Gday Tina, Im from Australia, I live in Charters Towers a gold mining town 130 klm west from Townsville in QLD. I enjoyed reading your blog, have fun.

Purple Princess said...

Hi Tina~ Love the look of your blog... great colors! The heart background is awesome.. now if it was purple you'd really have a hit!

Homeschooling can be challenging, but it can be a lot of fun, too. Once you find a homeschool group in your area, and start going on field trips and meeting for various lessons... you'll have even more friends. When I homeschooled my son, we went all over South Florida on a variety of field trips and even went on a two week trip to Washington DC. Lot's of great memories.

Well, I'm located in the Horse Captial of the World and my town also has Nature's Theme Park. I am in Florida, can you guess where?

Anonymous said...

Hope you have fun with your blog and that it is a great learning experience! Greetings from the Mid Hudson Valley in New York, halfway between New York City and Albany, the capital of New York State.

Melissa said...

Hi Tina! I'm from Pretoria, the capital city of South Africa.

grannymike said...

Hello again, Tina! I forgot to tell you yesterday how much I love your blog title and your explanation of why you chose it. And I, too, love your funky colors and design.

Although I live in Texas, I have been privileged to live in many other wonderful places. My husband is a retired Marine pilot, and we had 25 different addresses in his 26 years in the military. Some of the places we have lived are Izmir, Turkey; Kaneohe, Hawaii; Monterey, California; Newport, Rhode Island; Havelock, NC; Beaufort, SC; Pensacola, FL; Meridian, MS; Corpus Christi, TX; Beeville, TX; andQuantico, VA. We lived in several of those places two different times.

I have also been privileged to spend some time in Japan, England, Italy, Germany, and Israel. I technically have been in France and Spain, but unfortunately, I never saw anything but the airports. I'm sure you will hear from someone from all these places as the internet is a wonderful, international hub, but if you need to "borrow" any of those locations, I will be happy to share them with you. I know your mom has friends from all over the world.

Enjoy summer school with your friends. When I was eleven, we moved across town to an area where there were no kids around where we lived. And to top that off, I attended school in a different school district. So I never did enjoy summers for that very reason. BUT the move that I thought ended "life as I knew it" opened up a whole new world as I met my husband-to-be when I was eleven. We dated through college and got married almost twelve years after we met. We've been married forty-two years, and God has blessed us tremendously. After that move when I was eleven, I made a vow to never move again. But see what life brought me and what I would have missed had I not learned to love moving and the adventure of something new being around the corner. So change can bring about new surprises and joys, and I know you will come to love your homeschooling adventure.

Have a great day and rest of your life!

Mikell

Barb said...

Hi Tina! I'm Barb and I live in Cincinnati Ohio. My daughter loves blogs and she's 11, so I'm going to get her hooked up reading yours. Maybe you two could end up being internet pals. I might just start her out on her own blog this summer too, as one of her best friends is moving to Germany and she's already sad that she's gone.

Good luck with summer school!

farabee said...

You know, sweetheart, maybe NOT seeing your friends EVERY day will be okay....because when you do see them, it will be special. Give it a try. You may like it! Keep blogging so we can see how you're coming along.- Lynda

PS: My husband trains horses. Here's our business website:
www.eddfarabee.com

Anonymous said...

Tina,
Read your Mom's blog and wanted to wish you well from Phoenix, Arizona. Out in our desert southwest we enjoy heat in the summer and mild winters. Sounds a bit like some places in Australia?? We know many families whose children are home schooled and they are happy and well adjusted, so much so that when my boys were acting up, I wondered guiltily if I should have home schooled.

Your blog is lovely and I hope you enjoy meeting people in cyberspace.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina!

I left a message with your first post, but thought I would leave another one with a little info about Ocala FL where I live. It is known for raising horses. Big Brown, even though he lost his last race, was trained at one of the stables in Ocala FL for a year.

Ocala also has one of the first 'amusement' parks in FL. Though, back then I don't know that it was called that. It is Silver Springs. It is a beautiful spot to visit with glass bottom boats so you can see down to the bottom of the river and springs because the water is crystal clear.

Hope you have a great week and enjoy all the posts to your new blog! It is such fun to come back and have messages!!

Lisa said...

Hi Tina, I enjoyed reading your blog yesterday, you are doing a great job with it. I'm sure you're not excited about summer school, but you might end up making some new friends. I know you are missing your friends, but you will have all week to do your school work and look forward to seeing them on the weekends. I know your mom realizes how important friends are at your age. Yesterday I didn't mention the town I live in in FL. It is called Palm Bay. It's just south of Cocoa Beach and about 50 miles east of Orlando. We live about 15 miles from the ocean. You might have heard on the news a few weeks back about all the fires we had that an arsonist started. It burned down about 40 homes and our neighborhood was on fire, but we didn't lose any houses here. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina, I really like your background here, nice colors.
I wrote you yesterday from Miami and now that I know you are putting pins on every bloggers city on a world map I will tell you I was born in Stockholm, Sweden and spend all my holidays in Gothenburg, on the west coast, with a beautiful archipel ! Spent one year studying in Landshut, Germany ( close to Munich ) and worked for a year in Duesseldorf, Germany. Than off to London and Brighton, UK. Moved to Paris, France and after that to Nice, France. Nice is a beautiful city on the water ( the Mediteranean ), between Cannes - with the Film Festival - and Monaco. 15 minutes by car is Italy, the nearest cities after the border are Ventimiglia, Bordighera and San Remo. If you have the possibility one day you should go and visit the French Riviera, it is truly magnificient !!
Have fun at summer school, Roselily

stacy said...

Hi, Tina...
I came over here from your mom's blog (she is pretty cool BTW). I know right now you might not like the thought of being home-schooled...give it a chance, you might end up liking it. I know I would have liked no more school buses and sleeping in a bit longer!
I used to teach kindergarten, and was a high school librarian. Now I stay at home with my 2 yr old.
I'm in Oklahoma City, smack dab in the heart of Tornado Alley. If you've seen the movie Twister, the majority of that movie was filmed here in Oklahoma. There's actually a Twister museum in Wakita, north of here. I'm hoping to go check it out at some point this year. I've only lived here 3-1/2 years, so I've not lived through a tornado, but I have spent a couple of hours underground in our storm shelter when one came too close for comfort. Not fun at all.
We're also home to the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial & Museum, the Cowboy Hall of Fame, and Bricktown, which is our entertainment district. There are river taxis, lots of restaurants, baseball stadium, etc down there, and it's a nice way to spend the day if it's not so hot.
Enough of my rambling.
Congrats on becoming a blogger, and hope you enjoy meeting lots of people from around the planet.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable kit you created. I hope you'll find years of fun and creativity in the digi world. Home school is going to give you some advantages that kids attending a traditional school could never experience, such as....flexible time to study and do other important/creative things....superior focus on studies that will help you in being accepted by the college of your choice....opportunity to concentrate on things that interest you....less restriction due to the schedule of others in school. There's more but I didn't want to take up the whole comment space, lol. Be open to doing things in a different way..you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina!
I hear ya about hanging out with your friends...that's what being young is all about! I heard about your blog from your mom's blog and wanted to drop by and say HEY from Phoenix, Arizona! It is as hot here as everyone says it is.
BTW: Your blog is great!

Anonymous said...

hello from sin city usa - also known as las vegas, nv.

CynR said...

Hey Tina!

I'm Cyn, I know you mom from Digitals. I am married and we have two kids one son who is 7 and one daughter who is 4. We live in Wichita, Kansas. We also have a dog named Jessie. I have twin nieces who are 11. They're just entering middle school. One of them is into gymnastics and the other is on one of the swim teams here in Wichita. We have a really cool zoo here and a hands on science museum for everyone from babies to adults, it's really awesome.

Nice to meet you - give home schooling a chance! Thanks for the freebie!
Cyn

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina!

I love to be the center of attention too, and I was always in trouble when I was a kid and being forced to hibernate ;)

I love your blog so far, and I can't wait to read more!

Katie

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,

Love the colors you picked. I live north of Ft. Lauderdale Fl. My daughter loves flamingos. When she got married last year her wedding had flamingos on the cake, on the invitations, on the programs and on the table cards.

Good luck in home schooling

Anonymous said...

Yo Tina;
Love your funky blog! You probably don't have to go far on your map but push a pin in Draper for me. Summer school might not be too bad if you tell your mom to make the Gateway the cafeteria so you can head there every day for lunch!! Okay, now to be a mother, too, no more skateboarding behind cars...and make sure you always wear your helmet and protective equipment. You're too cute and smart to make your brain mush.
Hugs, triplescoop

K2 Designs said...

Hi Tina- Love your blog too! I came via your awesome moms' blog! I live in Phoenix, AZ-home of the 1st place Arizona Diamondbacks baseball team! We LOVE our D-Backs! We also have here- the Grand Canyon(abt 4 hrs N), PIR racetrack which hosts NASCAR races, concerts, museums, and many other fun things to do. Summers are very hot here but you can always drive north and keep cool in Sedona or Flagstaff. I've lived in Minot, ND, Wichita Falls,TX and was born and raised in OswegO and Mexico,NY. Mexico is right down the road from Texas,NY too..tiny little towns but I think they're both on the map.Check em out! On Lake Ontario. North of Syracuse....
We have a 12 yr son too so know about missing friends,etc. We always mention maybe moving and the first thing out of his mouth is- what about all my friends? LOL.