Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tinas First Post

hi everyone I just joined and well yeah this is my first post! The reluctant recluse is just like me bcause I dont want to be singled out; I LOVE to be the CENTER of attention but I'm usually grounded so therefore I am the reluctant recluse.


my mom made this freebie for you. if you like her stuff, you can see it here. Go to her blog for more freebies. Please leave a comment on my blog.


Download here.

51 comments:

Amanda said...

congratulations on your first post! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Tina!
Happy Blogging!

Ava in Wonderland said...

Congrats on your first blog!! :) I am from Denmark!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on starting a blog! They are loads of fun. I write to you here from Canberra - the Captial of Australia! yep that's right - all the way from Down Under! Cheerio :)

Polished Peripherals said...

Congrats on the blog Tina! What a great idea. Hope you can keep it up. I love the colourful background.
Thought you might like a comment from Sydney, Australia. It's cold and wet down here right now :(

Melissa said...

Congratulations on your new blog Tina :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog is a wonderful idea to help with your proofreading and writing skills.

Amanda said...

Welcome to blogging from Central PA.

Rarole said...

Hello Tina! Your blog looks GREAT! I hope you got to choose a lot of the designs and colors because this special place should really be 'YOU'. My name is Carol and I come to your mom's site a lot. (she has great stuff there and she's not so bad herself. LOL) I am in the process of moving so you get to track 2 places for me. We have been living overseas for 25 years (missionaries :P). And we are currently leaving our last location which is MONACO. Oh do look this one up - you will love it. And we are heading to North Carolina. Not quite as exotic or "exotique" as the French would say. I hope you get lots of cool visitors and that you begin to see a bigger world out there than you had imagined. All the best to you.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Georgia, USA. Congrats on your first blog. It is definitely an excellant way to learn to become a better writter : )

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new blog. Tell your mom thanks for the freebies:). I'm writing from St. Paul, Minnesota, but i'm moving to Bend, Oregon next week. Wish me luck!

Emily

Cari said...

I like the background of your blog. Good luck with it. Cari in Tenneessee

farabee said...

Hi! I'm from Texas (USA) and think you're just "tops." You and Mom are going to love this year being together. WB, huh? -L

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! Hope you enjoy your new venture. Keep up the great job.

I am writing from Ocala FL.

Anonymous said...

Hello Christina. Thanks so much for your part of the school freebie. My name is Susan and I live in Florida.

Lisa said...

Hi Tina, Congratulations on your new blog, it looks great! Thanks for sharing your mom's beautiful Back to School!! Oh I almost forgot to say, I live in FL!!

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

I wondered about your blog's title, but it sounds like it fits you perfectly! :)
I'm from Kentucky (USA), but we've also lived in Utah, California, Mississippi, and Florida (all in the last 6 years). My DH is in the military. :D
Thank you for the freebie from your mom. :)

Anonymous said...

I came here from your Mom's blog! Love your introduction! I live with my husband in Massachusetts. We have two daughters who were born in China; we traveled there on two different occassions to bring each baby home. Feel free to email me or your mom can email me at chinadream602@aol.com if you have any questions when you study Asia for your geography lessons!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on starting your own blog! I hope you have fun with it! Best wishes from Stuttgart, Germany
Peggy

grannymike said...

Hi, Tina! Nice blog and nice first post. I "sort of" know you through reading your mom's blog, so I feel like I know you a little bit already. At 65, I may be one of your older posters, but I wanted to say hi.

Three of my grandchildren are home-schooled, including my fifteen-year old daughter. She has her moments when she feels like she is "missing" something, but she stays so busy with other activities that I can't imagine what she could really be missing. From what your mom wrote, you are going to be very busy and involved also. English is not her favorite subject, much to the chagrin of this English-teacher grandmother, but overall, I think home-schooling has agreed with her. (She's been home-schooled for three years.)

I live in Mineral Wells, Texas, about 45 miles west of Fort Worth. Mineral Wells is a small town with a population of just under 20,000 people. The big news of the year is that a new Burger King will be opening soon. Alice Walton (the heir of Sam Walton, founder of Walmart), one of the wealthiest people in the world, used to live just out of town on a big horse ranch. Therefore, we also have one of the largest Walmart Supercenters in the country.

Back in the 1930s and 1940s, Mineral Wells was a booming place and quite famous. A lot of movie stars visited here as Mineral Wells was known for its "Crazy Water" which was supposed to have healing "power." We have a large (now empty)hotel, The Baker Hotel, which was "the place" to visit in its prime. Once the FDA (I'm not from Mineral Wells, so I hope I am telling the story right)disallowed the claims of the water's healing powers, the town no longer "bustled." However, the water is still bottled and sold, and a few months ago, a Dallas-Fort Worth television station had it tested and did a report on how it truly does help a variety of ailments. So at least part of the town got a bit of a boost.

Now I know that is far more than you ever wanted to know about Mineral Wells, but I tend to ramble on and on and on.

Best of luck with your homeschooling adventure and your blog. I will look forward to checking back in on you now and again.

Mikell (grannymike)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new site, good luck, keep blogging !!
Roselily from Miami, Florida

Anonymous said...

Love your introduction! My husband and I live with our two daughters in Massachusetts (lots of history here!). Our girls were born in China so we were able to travel there in 2003 and 2005 in order to bring them home. Feel free to email or have your mom email me if you ever want information on China! Have a great day! Oh, and thanks to Mom for the freebie - so nice! Barbara (chinadream602@aol.com)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first post. Thanks for the freebie. Good luck with your schooling. Hello from Utah

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new blog. I'm sure you will have much fun with it. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina. Cindy here from Tomah, WI. We are the gateway to cranberry country!! Be sure to check out our area. Good luck with blogging. I'll have to list myself as anonymous because I never did master the blog thing.

Unknown said...

Happy blogging! I hope you have a lot of fun with this. I'm from NJ!

Margaret

Lois B said...

Hi from Manitoba, Canada - Congratulations on starting a blog, Tina. I know someone said they were probably the oldest to reply but I actually have her beat - I will be 70 this year. Four of my grandchildren are home schooled and I must say they are doing very very well. They are all very active in other activites from sports to music to art. My eldest is 12 and she has lots of friends and is a real sweetheart. They live in the USA so I don't see them as often as I would like but we keep in touch regularly and chat with the ichat video so we actually see each other a lot.

Enjoy your blog and hearing from people all over the world. If you need any info from Canada just let me knnow and maybe I can be of some help.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tina! Good luck with writing and blogging. I love your blog colors and blog title. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am from Texas....Congrats on your first post!

J said...

Very nice blog. your mom should be proud of you. :)
I'm sending you these greetings from Maine, which is part of the northeast, "New England" region (of the USA). Hope all these bloggers from around the world will help you with geography! It sounds like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Hello from British Columbia, Canada!
Congratulations on your new blog, Tina!! Looks really great - neat colors.
Thanks for sharing your Mom's lovely freebie.

Anonymous said...

Hello from Sioux City, Iowa. Best of luck with your blog and your home schooling. This should be a wonderful experience for you. AND thanks for the freebie. Lynda

Lorilee Guenter said...

Hi Tina, I came here from your Mom's blog to wish you well on your homeschooling journey. I hope you and your Mom are able to enjoy the year and create some treasured memories as you learn together. I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. It is not the North pole as your Mom teased at one of her Digitals chats when we were in the middle of winter but it is quite far north. Thank you for the gift from your Mom. Will we be seeing designs from you this year as part of your art and digital media education?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from Auburn, CA on your new blog. I hope your homeschooling is as successful for you as it has been for my 4 grandaughters, ages 19, 17, 14, and 7. They have all been homeschooled since kindergarten. Two of them are now in college. One of them completed high school in 2 1/2 years. The 14 year old is starting high school this fall and wants to do high school in 3 years. They have all been socially active at church and in Taekwondo. The oldest is currently preparing for her 4th degree black belt and is an instructor at her school. The next ones are a 3rd degree, a
2nd degree and a brown belt (the 7 year old who has been doing Taekwondo since she was 3). The oldest have had many friends attending the local high school and have been invited to school proms by their friends. Good luck to you and much success with your blog and your homeschooling. Thanks for the freebie.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new blog! I am currently in Reno Nevada but grew up in Red Bluff California. A couple of towns that have some neat history attached to them. An easy one for you in what is the Unoffical Title of Reno ? An easy google search will tell you. Have fun with your blog!
Sheri

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina!! I am Joanne K, andI live near Nanaimo, BC, (on Vancouver Island)in Canada.

I wish you well in your home-schooling!! Your Mom's outline on her blog looks like you have a lot of activities planned, not just book work. I agree that kids need to spend time with their friends, but it sounds like you aren't seeing much of them now, when you are grounded. That may change!!

Your success will depend entirely on your own attitude, so I hope you will go into the year with positive thoughts!! Good Luck!!

the3chickens said...

Hi Tina :) Congrats on your first blog! I'm from Sarawak, Malaysia but currently living in Brunei. That's situated in Borneo island in South East Asia. Feel free to ask if you'd like to know more my country (ies) :)

Cheers
Ann

Catherine said...

Congratulations on your first blog, Tina. I'm from Wellington which is the capital of New Zealand. It's winter here now so we're just the opposite of you. Just a bit of trivia - the national bird of New Zealand is a 'kiwi' - which is a flightless bird. And New Zealanders are always called 'kiwis'.
Have fun with your blog!
Cheers, Catherine

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new homeschool adventure. I look forward to visting your blog again to see how your writing is progressing. I live in a small town in northwest Georgia. There are a lot of Civil War history museums in this area. Other local (within a few miles) attractions include Rock City and Ruby Falls.

Anonymous said...

Hello from Dallas, Tx :) I hope you have a wonderful summer!

nancypinct said...

Hi Tina -
Welcome to Blog World! This is a good way to practice your writing and to connect with people you might not ever know if it wasn't for the internet. I am from Connecticut, USA. We do have lots of history here in my state. I hope you study it! It is 100 degrees here today, we have broken all heat records yesterday and today (10June2008)! Will you study the weather also? Home schooling is very good because you can get very involved and do research on subjects you really love. I was not very good in spelling in Jr. High, and now I wish I had learned all the spelling tricks so I wouldn't keep making dumb mistakes all the time when I write! It is very nice of you to offer a freebie on your blog - great quick page! Thank you for this very nice gift, Tina! Good luck with your blogging!

Anonymous said...

Hello Tina .... I really enjoyed reading your blog, I came to you via your Mom's site.
My name is Angela, I live in Chorley, Lancashire which is in the north west of England. The town is well known for it's CHORLEY CAKES which are a like a flat sweet pastry studded with raisins, the locals eat them warm with butter on top, all washed down with a cup of tea - we LOVE our tea too ! I use the name Chorley Cake on a lot of the Forums I go on, I enjoy card making & digital scraps
Best Wishes, Angela x

Anonymous said...

Hi,I hope this blof keeps you too busy to get into trouble,LOL. My son is all about his friends and hates it when he cant hang with them.
I am from the Isle of wight ,which is in the solent at the bottom of England,just across from Portsmouth. You will need a good map to show the island,we often get missed off the weather map on the News like we dont exist.
I hope I get a pin in your map,Karen

Anonymous said...

welcome to blog land sugar! you will meet way more people in cyberspace than you ever would in school. being homeschooled will literally broaden your horizons. do a google search for homeschool groups in your area and meet some of your new 'classmates!' you will take lots more field trips and have more flexibility in your school hours than you would in traditional school. your friends are going to be jealous next year! and you will still see them on the weekends, and text and IM, and they'll probably start blogs, too. you can also look into skype at skype.com to get VoIP (voice over internet protocal). it's using your computer as a phone and it's free between skype users. it even has video. ASK YOUR MOM BEFORE YOU DO THIS!!! you don't need to get grounded for the rest of your life for doing something stupid (e.g. not asking permission)!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina, great to see you blogging, I enjoy reading the comments as well as getting the freebies. I hope you enjoy it, and I also think it is a wonderful idea your mom had, wish I would have thought of it for my kids(grown now)sounds awesome to learn about new places and to see how many people you do reach around the world. I am from Ontario,Canada. Good luck
scrappydi

Story Tellers Are We said...

Hi Tina:

My name is Jene. I just discovered your Mom's site. I do hope you enjoy your home schooling. I am British but I live in and work in Bahrain, adjacent to Saudi Arabia.

PURSuE Your Art! said...

Hi from Thiensville, Wisconsin! My town is about 20 minutes north of Milwaukee. We live right across the street from the Milwaukee River which has caused havoc in our town...!

This blog is a wonderful idea, but I know it can get hard coming up with things to write about! I write the blog entries for my purse business.

Check out our site, I think you will enjoy it! Our purses are our idea and made right here in Milwaukee.

Good luck,
Erin Mueller
Co-founder of PURSuE Your Art!
www.PursueYourArt.com

Camila's Mom said...

Hi Tina,

I love your blog and especially the name! I go to your Mom's blog almost every day, so I will also hop in here and say hi!

My husband and I currently live in Miami, Florida but we were both born in Cienfuegos (means 100 fires!), Cuba. I am married and have a 3 year old daughter who we adopted from Cheboksary, Republic of Chuvasia (about 600 kilometers southeast of Moscow on the Volga River) in the Russian Federation. It's an independent country , but kind of belongs to Russia too!?!? My grandparents were born in Galicia, Spain and the Canary Islands, so I guess we're pretty international and I like it that way!

If you ever have any questions concerning any of these countries you can email me at craft2bsane@yahoo.com.

Good luck with the blog and wish you the best of luck!

Olga

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina Good luck on your blog and homeschooling, hope its loads of fun.
Take care from sunny Plymouth, England.
Rogue

Joy said...

Hello Tina,
I just wanted to say welcome to the world of blogging. I've only been doing it for a short time but it sure is fun. Thank your Mom for the freebies. I enjoy reading your posts. Good luck in school and keep on blogging!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina! Just came by your mom's site and found yours. Thought you'd like to know that your mom and I both have a Christina/Tina! My Tina is a middle child. She loved school and being with all her friends, but I too sometimes wished I had the option of homeschooling. So many school districts just can't give the individual attention that's often desperately needed. So hang in there with your mom and remember to give her your lovin' daily! Even if you get a little annoyed by her "antics" at times! LOL After all, that's what you'd want her to do for you, right? I love the look of your blog and your writing is pretty good. Enjoyed your cat/dog take on being owned! The freebies from your mom are wonderful, be sure to thank her from us, but I can't wait to see what you'll accomplish! Best of luck, know we'll be praying for you both, and most of all, have a ball at camp! I'll be checking back in from time to time. I'm from Plattsburgh, NY one hour south of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. We are situated on Lake Champlain which was the site of the big battles of the war of 1812. If your studies include this or the revolutionary war, email for more info! santorl@excite.com is how to reach us!